Position Announcement: Half-time Parish Administrative Assistant
We seek a motivated, organized administrative assistant who sets and balances priorities. She or he works with other members of the salaried staff team and lay volunteers to support the mission and goals of the church. Primary responsibilities:
- Desktop publishing of weekly service bulletins and related materials
- Staff liaison for grounds and buildings maintenance work including supervision of outside janitorial and gardening services, and building repairs and inspections
- Office supply and maintenance; kitchen supply ordering
- Interface with those who rent building space, both ongoing and one-time rental contracts
- Warmly welcome and orient people to the parish, serving often as the first point of contact for weekday visitors
Hours: Four to five mid-day hours per day (9:30-2:00 or 10:30-3:00), five days per week
Compensation: Approximately $29,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience
Desired start date: October 1, 2019
Qualifications: Minimum Associate degree or equivalent. Prior employment experience with:
- Word-processing, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing software; proficiency with InDesign and the Google Suite is highly desirable
- Decision making in changing circumstances within general guidelines
- Dealing with the public and volunteers tactfully, helpfully, and where necessary, firmly
- Anticipating and meeting deadlines by structuring available time
- Working within budgets
- Communicating succinctly, both orally and in writing.
- Eager to collaborate with a team and able to be flexible
The successful candidate will probably have had experience within a liturgical Christian faith community and/or work experience in an organization with a high proportion of volunteer workers. Experience with making judgments about information dissemination and confidentiality will be useful. Please note that people who are already active in the All Souls Parish community are not eligible to apply.
If you are interested in being part of this stimulating, positive work environment, send your resumé, a cover letter, and names of 3 references who have known you in a work context (with phone numbers; email addresses) to Emily Hansen Curran, Chair, Search Committee at email@example.com. Your application will be acknowledged by email.