All Souls Episcopal Parish seeks an experienced, fun, reliable, and loving person to care for our youngest members of the church in the nursery and playground on Sunday mornings. Are you warm, curious, and find joy in building relationships with babies and toddlers? Would you enjoy having time with fabulous little people as part of your weekly rhythm? Are you ready to get on the floor, bring a good sense of humor, and support these little ones in exploring the world? If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, and three references familiar with your work with children to the Rev. Liz Tichenor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The priority deadline for applications is April 21st.
Position: Lead Child Care Worker
Supervisor: Associate Rector
Hours: 4.5 hours on Sunday (8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., occasionally extended with prior notice); on-call for special church-related events in the evening and special services (see list below).
Salary Range: $16.00 – $ 18.50 per hour
All Souls Episcopal Parish provides childcare services to infants and toddlers while parents are attending the Sunday morning worship service, at special church-related events in the evening and special services throughout the year.
Under the supervision of the Associate Rector, the Lead Child Care Worker is responsible for the care of children in the nursery, including:
- changing diapers
- feeding the children bottles and/or snacks provided by the parents
- reading to the children
- observing and monitoring children’s play activities
- organization and storage of toys and materials to ensure order and safety in the activity area
- sanitizing toys and play equipment
- supervising and ensuring the safety of the children in the outdoor playground and Parish Hall after the 11:15 service during the coffee hour.
- ensuring that the parent and/or guardian sign the register when dropping off and picking up children in the nursery.
- supervising the assistant child care provider
- being familiar with, and following, emergency procedures
Demonstrated experience with caring for young children in a child care facility. Must be registered with Trustline (California’s Background Check for In-Home Child Care) and take an online course/background check through Shield the Vulnerable to comply with Parish and Diocesan Safe Church Policies. The cost of registration with Trustline and Shield the Vulnerable will be reimbursed by All Souls Parish. Must take and pass a tuberculosis test within six months of employment and renewed upon return from travel outside the country.
Special services when child care is provided:
- Holy Week (dates vary each year)
- Various festivals during the year