All Souls began as a mission of St. Mark’s, Berkeley, in 1905. The first all-redwood mission church was completed just in time for the bishop’s visitation in Christmastide 1907. The parish was incorporated in 1926 and has been served by eleven Rectors. The parish hall was built in 1924. The current church building replaced the original in 1956. The church experienced sluggish growth until the post-World War II period when it became a thriving parish serving a prosperous and mobile population.