We seek a motivated, organized administrative assistant who sets and balances priorities. She or he works with other members of the salaried staff team and lay volunteers to support the mission and goals of the church. Primary responsibilities:
– Desktop publishing of weekly service bulletins and related materials
– Staff liaison for grounds and buildings maintenance work including supervision of outside janitorial and gardening services, and building repairs and inspections
– Office supply and maintenance; kitchen supply ordering
– Interface with those who rent building space, both ongoing and one-time rental contracts
Hours: Four mid-day hours per day (9:30-2:00 or 10:30-3:00), five days per week
Compensation: Approximately $26,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience
Desired start date: June 12, 2017
Qualifications: Minimum Associate degree or equivalent. Prior employment experience with:
– Word-processing, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing software
– Decision making in changing circumstances within general guidelines
– Dealing with the public and volunteers tactfully, helpfully, and where necessary, firmly
– Anticipating and meeting deadlines by structuring available time
– Working within budgets
– Communicating succinctly, both orally and in writing.
The successful candidate will probably have had experience within a Christian faith community and/or work experience in an organization with a high proportion of volunteer workers. Experience with making judgments about information dissemination and confidentiality will be useful.
Review of applications will begin after close of business on April 21.
If you are interested in being part of this stimulating, positive work environment, send your resumé, a cover letter, and names of 3 references who have known you in a work context (with phone numbers; email addresses) to Nancy Austin, Chair, Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be acknowledged by email.