August 12th-16th, 2019
Register Online here! The registration deadline is May 31st.
Calling all elementary aged kids! Come together this summer for a week of fun, community, adventure and exploration. Middle and High School students are invited to come aboard as camp leaders.
Fun, Adventure, Community
At Camp All Souls, kids can look forward to a wide range of activities: big group games, challenging activities like slack-lining, silliness like massive snowball fights, water fun and parachute games, art projects wonderful enough that they won’t be destined for the recycling bin, and more relaxed play with things like corn hole and enormous bubbles. We will make music together, join in worship designed for kids, and build deeper relationships with each other and with the wider parish community. Above all, these loving relationships and this strengthened community will be our foundation in the days ahead.
Formation, Reflection, Connection
In our day camp, we dig into what it means to live as Christians in the world, and how to work together for justice, peace, beauty and joy — with our neighbors and with all of creation. We will bring our sacred stories to life and look to the example of people who have worked for good throughout time and around the world. We will ask big questions, knowing that many of them may not have answers, but that we can wonder towards greater understanding together. The adults leading camp are committed to honoring the wisdom, experience and spirituality that each child already has within them. This week will be an adventure in collaboration, exploring this call to justice as young and old, side by side.
WHO: The day camp is designed for kids ages 5 to 11, who have completed kindergarten through fifth grade.
WHERE: We’ll be meeting at All Souls Episcopal Parish, 2220 Cedar St., Berkeley. Activities will take place in our courtyard and playground, the parish hall, and the sanctuary. We will also make some short off-site excursions to nearby parks.
WHEN: August 12th – 16th, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Each child should bring their own lunch, snacks will be provided.
COST: $150, payable by check to All Souls Episcopal Parish. Please contact the Rev. Liz Tichenor to discuss the possibility of partial scholarship.
TO REGISTER: You can register online here. (Note that if you register online, you will still need to sign hard-copy release forms.) Paper registration forms are available in the narthex and outside the Sunday School classrooms. Filling out this registration form does not guarantee a spot at camp; you will need to receive confirmation from Liz and pay in full to be fully registered. Full payment and all forms are due by May 31st. Cancellations prior to May 31st will receive a $75 refund. No refunds will be offered after May 31st. If you would like to download the registration and health forms, you can do so here.
QUESTIONS? Email the Rev. Liz Tichenor at email@example.com or call 510-848-1755.
What to expect!
More details about the week:
- Please plan to arrive at 9:00 am each morning, as we’ll dive into our fun promptly. Pickup is at 3:00 pm. There should be some unmarked and visitor parking spaces in the parking lot, and also plenty on Cedar and Spruce.
- Please do not send money with your child to camp.
- An important part of the camp experience is living simply and connecting face-to-face, so please leave all cell phones, mp3 players, and electronic games at home.
- Please pack a lunch each day and bring a durable reusable water bottle. We will provide morning and afternoon snack each day.
- Remember that weather often changes considerably through the day. Send extra layers, a hat, and come wearing sunscreen.
- Please have your child wear sturdy close-toed shoes and comfortable clothing.