What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but do not have works? Can faith save you? If a brother or sister is naked and lacks daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and eat your fill,” and yet you do not supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead. (James 2:14-17)
On Saturday, August 24th from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm members of All Souls will join with Congregation Beth El and other members of the community to help build homes for homeless youth of the East Bay. Sponsored by Youth Spirit Artworks (YSA), the goal of this project is to construct 24 tiny homes that will be put together to create a village, where youth will live with adult support. The village will also feature two community yurts with a kitchen and meeting space, and on-site communal bathrooms.
We need you! Invite your friends and family – they don’t need to be members of All Souls. And all levels of skill/experience are welcome – if you can hammer, paint, carry supplies, do roofing, electrical, set up, clean up or help serve food to the workers. To sign up to work on August 24, click here. For more information, contact Vicki at email@example.com or Lewis Maldonado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Berkeley Food Pantry, Sunday food collection and delivery
- Crop Walk for Hunger, Berkeley, with other congregations
- Emergency Storm Shelter in cold or rainy weather
- Open Door Dinner, monthly, second Sundays, All Souls Parish Hall
- (Biodegradable cutlery provided by WorldCentric.)
- Reception for graduates of Options Recovery Services, Berkeley
- GLBT Community Center of Central Florida (following Pulse Night Club mass shooting)
- Berkeley Food Pantry: Maggie Cooke email@example.com
- Crop Walk for Hunger: Stephen Southern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency Storm Shelter: Stephen Southern email@example.com
- Open Door Dinner: Pat Jones and Don Gates firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Options Recovery Services: Sharon Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org